Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Late Beatles























Being mad in love with later Beatles music is a relatively new thing for me. I am ashamed to say that I hadn't even bothered to listen to songs like the Magical Mystery Tour, With a Little Help from my Friends, and Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da after my disappointment with the album Revolver. The only songs I enjoyed on that album were songs that I already owned. Fortunately for me, one of my friends only like late Beatles and made me listen to some more. I instantly fell in love with songs like Across the Universe and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. I couldn't believed that I'd been missing out on such great music all these years.





1 comment:

  1. I love the Beatles...the early as well as the late. On the one hand: adorable boys in suits, with cute songs like "I Want To Hold Your Hand," "Help!" "I'm Happy Just to Dance with You," and (one of my favorites) "You've Got to Hide Your Love Away." On the other: gorgeous men in bell bottoms with other countless songs I love like "All Together Now," "Across the Universe," "Hey Jude," "Octopus's Garden" or "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" (in reality, I love pretty much everything they've done). You can't go wrong!

    I'll admit, I wish the bell bottom style would return ahead of schedule...I need to go clothes shopping, and I refuse to wear skinny jeans (1980's atrocities)! Also, I wish the bell bottom fad would apply to men again...they look fantastic on men as well...much better than skinny jeans...

    ReplyDelete